Skip to main content

EFCC to commence prosecution of 22 former governors EFCC to commence prosecution of 22 former governors

Twenty-two former governors in Nigeria are currently battling to save their heads from the clip of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over alleged embezzlement of funds.
EFCC to commence prosecution of 22 former governors

The south-south zonal head of the EFCC, Ishaq Salihu, recently said that the anti-graft agency would commence a new probe of the former governors.

Some of these former governors include Jolly Nyame of Taraba who allegedly laundered N1.64 billion, Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia who allegedly laundered N3.2 billion, Rasheed Ladoja of Oyo who allegedly laundered N$.7 billion, Otunba Christopher Alao-Akala who allegedly laundered N11.5 billion and Chimaroke Nnamani of Anambra state who allegedly laundered N5 billion.
EFCC to commence prosecution of 22 former governors

Others include Aliyu Akwe Doma of Nasarawa who allegedly laundered N8 billion, Danjuma Goje of Gombe state, a current senator who allegedly laundered N25 billion, Ibrahim Saminu Turaki of Adamawa state who allegedly laundered N36 billion, Joshua Dariye of Plateau state who allegedly laundered N1.16 billion and Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa who allegedly laundered N15 billion.

Infographics produced by the Transparency International shows that the former governors were accused of the alleged crime at different times of in their administration.
EFCC to commence prosecution of 22 former governors
Salihu had earlier said: “The searchlight of the EFCC is not only on former governors; its (searchlight) is also on other Nigerians who think they can take funds belonging to the country and put them in their private pockets.

“The EFCC, under Mr. Ibrahim Magu’s leadership, will never succumb to any pressure. Like we have always said, there will be no sacred cow.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emzor reacts to closure of production site by NAFDAC

Emzor Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited has reacted to the closure of its production site by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC. According to the pharmaceutical company, NAFDAC has only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. In a statement released today by the Emzor, it said NAFDAC sealed its production site 5 days after carrying out an inspection on the site. Emzor said NAFDAC raised no issues at the time of the inspection, only for them to return later to close the site without explanation. Emzor Nigerian, however, said it will continue to make good quality affordable medicines for the Nigerian public and their products are still available to buy. The statement reads: NAFDAC have only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. On Wednesday the 2nd of May NAFDA...

Court orders PDP to pay N180 million to a lawyer for successfully handling their cases

Today, Justice Jude Okeke of the FCT High Court, Maitama ordered the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to pay N180 million to Samuel Okutepa being his professional fee. Okeke who delivered judgment in a suit filed by Okutepa against the PDP, said Okutepa deserved to be paid the money for handling the cases for the party.  “The defendant is directed to pay the claimant N180 million being the earned professional fee for defending and prosecuting their cases listed out in the applicant’s statements of claims.’’ The court also ordered PDP to pay N50,000 to Mr Okutepa, a senior advocate of Nigeria, for successfully handling the cases. The judge held that it was not right for the PDP not to pay for the work they knew was well handled by the plaintiff. He said that the defendant claimed that they did not give him job to do, as no legal agreement was signed by the parties. The judge said that in the records before the court, the applicant wa...

Check out this before and after photo of Instagram celebrity, Roman Goddess

This is before and after photo of Instagram sensation, Roman Goddess . See full photo below...

''Shutting down 3 pharmaceutical companies will affect our economy and render thousands jobless'' - Concerned Nigerians group

Read the press statement by Concerned Nigerians below... The Shutdown of three major Pharmaceutical Companies, Emzor, Bioraj and Peace Standard Pharmaceuticals by National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control over Codein production is another testament that the current administration is clueless and wants more Nigerians out of Job. This hasty decision of shutting down all Production lines of these Pharmaceuticals over alleged production of Codein syrup is one done in bad faith. We are concerned about thousands of Jobs and revenue that will be lost as a result of this ill-conceived decision to shutdown the three largest pharmaceutical companies in the Country. You would recall that the National Bureau of Statistics had in its report stated that the number of Nigerians that became unemployed rose under  the current administration from 8,036million in 2015 Fourth quarter to 15.998 million in third quarter of 2017. It will be c...