Skip to main content

Man buys three-year old boy for N500, kills him for ritual

Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni

A mother of four children, Mrs Chinasa Okereke, has revealed how a 15-year-old boy collected N500 from an Alfa to abduct her three-year-old son for ritual at Ijegun, Lagos State.

Chinasa, who spoke with newsmen on Sunday, alleged that the teenager, who is also a neighbour stole her son, Chiagozie.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports the teenager identified as Simon had earlier confessed to the police that an unidentified Alfa, now in police custody, asked him to supply a three-year-old child.

Simon said after he brought Chiagozie to the Alfa, he was given N500 for his efforts.

When the three-year-old was finally located by detectives from Isheri Police Station, he was already dead.

Chinasa, who broke down in tears, said that she was not only grieving for her murdered son, but also scared about strange men on motorbikes coming to threaten her and her husband, Augustine Okereke.

The woman who lives in a multi-room building, has three other children, apart from Chiagozie. The eldest is 10years old, the second child is eight years old. Chiagozie was her third child. Her fourth child is just nine months old.

She explained that on a fateful day, she wanted to give three of her children a bath outside the house when the three-year-old child was abducted.

According to her account, she had briefly stepped into the house to get a wrapper to strap the nine-month-old to her back. But when she returned Chiagozie was nowhere to be found.

When she asked her eight-year-old daughter the whereabouts of her little brother, the girl said that Simon, the 15-year-old living in the building next door had taken him away.

“When my daughter told me that Simon took Chiagozie, I immediately rushed to his house, but his guardians said they had been looking for him too. When it was getting late, we went to the police station to report that Simon took our son and that we couldn’t find him.

“Police took over the case and soon located and arrested Simon. He was taken to the station. Singing like a bird, he revealed how the Alfa came to pick him and Chiagozie with a car.

“When detectives asked questions from residents of the community, they were told that they saw the Alfa driving off with Simon and Chiagozie.

“The suspect led police to the scene where the Alfa took him and Chiagozie. The corpse of Chiagozie was found laid out on the ground. A big stone was beside his head and a red cloth tied around his neck.

“Asked how Chiagozie was killed, Simon said that he saw when the Alfa lifted Chiagozie mid-air and made some incantations before dropping him to the ground,” the woman recalled in tears.

Reacting to the incident the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, alleged that the Alfa used the deceased for a ritual.

He further said that the Alfa and Simon had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, for further investigations.

“Parents should be proactive and know the kind of people they leave their kids with.

“Parents and guardians shouldn’t allow the economic situation in the country to affect their vigilance and care towards their kids,”Owoseni stated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emzor reacts to closure of production site by NAFDAC

Emzor Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited has reacted to the closure of its production site by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC. According to the pharmaceutical company, NAFDAC has only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. In a statement released today by the Emzor, it said NAFDAC sealed its production site 5 days after carrying out an inspection on the site. Emzor said NAFDAC raised no issues at the time of the inspection, only for them to return later to close the site without explanation. Emzor Nigerian, however, said it will continue to make good quality affordable medicines for the Nigerian public and their products are still available to buy. The statement reads: NAFDAC have only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. On Wednesday the 2nd of May NAFDA...

Court orders PDP to pay N180 million to a lawyer for successfully handling their cases

Today, Justice Jude Okeke of the FCT High Court, Maitama ordered the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to pay N180 million to Samuel Okutepa being his professional fee. Okeke who delivered judgment in a suit filed by Okutepa against the PDP, said Okutepa deserved to be paid the money for handling the cases for the party.  “The defendant is directed to pay the claimant N180 million being the earned professional fee for defending and prosecuting their cases listed out in the applicant’s statements of claims.’’ The court also ordered PDP to pay N50,000 to Mr Okutepa, a senior advocate of Nigeria, for successfully handling the cases. The judge held that it was not right for the PDP not to pay for the work they knew was well handled by the plaintiff. He said that the defendant claimed that they did not give him job to do, as no legal agreement was signed by the parties. The judge said that in the records before the court, the applicant wa...

Check out this before and after photo of Instagram celebrity, Roman Goddess

This is before and after photo of Instagram sensation, Roman Goddess . See full photo below...

''Shutting down 3 pharmaceutical companies will affect our economy and render thousands jobless'' - Concerned Nigerians group

Read the press statement by Concerned Nigerians below... The Shutdown of three major Pharmaceutical Companies, Emzor, Bioraj and Peace Standard Pharmaceuticals by National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control over Codein production is another testament that the current administration is clueless and wants more Nigerians out of Job. This hasty decision of shutting down all Production lines of these Pharmaceuticals over alleged production of Codein syrup is one done in bad faith. We are concerned about thousands of Jobs and revenue that will be lost as a result of this ill-conceived decision to shutdown the three largest pharmaceutical companies in the Country. You would recall that the National Bureau of Statistics had in its report stated that the number of Nigerians that became unemployed rose under  the current administration from 8,036million in 2015 Fourth quarter to 15.998 million in third quarter of 2017. It will be c...