Skip to main content

Woman stabs her 8-month-old baby in Ebonyi Woman stabs her 8-month-old baby in Ebonyi


An 8-month-old baby was rushed into the emergency ward of the Federal Teaching Hospital (FETHA), Abakaliki, after he was reportedly stabbed by his mother.
Horror: Woman stabs own 8-month-old baby in Ebonyi

This 8-month-old baby was stabbed by his 'mentally-challenged' mother, who also left the knife inside his stomach afterwards

According to reports, an 8-month-old baby boy was stabbed in the stomach by his mother, the wife of a police sergeant living at the police barracks in Abakaliki. The woman carried out her act with a knife and had left it inside the baby's stomach before a neighbour saw him and screamed for help.

Reports claim that the woman suffers from periodic mental issues, and had to be taken to the hospital for treatment following the incident.

According to a medical practitioner who was present at the hospital when the baby was brought in, the boy had already lost so much blood and the knife was still stuck in his belly.

A Facebook user identified as Omeri Nwachi, also said he was present when the baby was brought it.

“A woman stabbed this baby, you can’t imagine that it was true and I actually snapped it myself. The baby is still alive and was being prepared for surgical procedure. Please pray for the survival of this baby”.

According to the Chief Medical Director of the Federal Teaching Hospital, Dr. Emeka Ogar, the baby has since had a successful surgery, and the knife has also been extracted.

The Ebonyi state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Jude Madu, also confirmed the incident, stating that the baby's mother has been taken to a psychiatric hospital for a thorough check.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emzor reacts to closure of production site by NAFDAC

Emzor Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited has reacted to the closure of its production site by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC. According to the pharmaceutical company, NAFDAC has only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. In a statement released today by the Emzor, it said NAFDAC sealed its production site 5 days after carrying out an inspection on the site. Emzor said NAFDAC raised no issues at the time of the inspection, only for them to return later to close the site without explanation. Emzor Nigerian, however, said it will continue to make good quality affordable medicines for the Nigerian public and their products are still available to buy. The statement reads: NAFDAC have only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. On Wednesday the 2nd of May NAFDA...

Court orders PDP to pay N180 million to a lawyer for successfully handling their cases

Today, Justice Jude Okeke of the FCT High Court, Maitama ordered the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to pay N180 million to Samuel Okutepa being his professional fee. Okeke who delivered judgment in a suit filed by Okutepa against the PDP, said Okutepa deserved to be paid the money for handling the cases for the party.  “The defendant is directed to pay the claimant N180 million being the earned professional fee for defending and prosecuting their cases listed out in the applicant’s statements of claims.’’ The court also ordered PDP to pay N50,000 to Mr Okutepa, a senior advocate of Nigeria, for successfully handling the cases. The judge held that it was not right for the PDP not to pay for the work they knew was well handled by the plaintiff. He said that the defendant claimed that they did not give him job to do, as no legal agreement was signed by the parties. The judge said that in the records before the court, the applicant wa...

Check out this before and after photo of Instagram celebrity, Roman Goddess

This is before and after photo of Instagram sensation, Roman Goddess . See full photo below...

''Shutting down 3 pharmaceutical companies will affect our economy and render thousands jobless'' - Concerned Nigerians group

Read the press statement by Concerned Nigerians below... The Shutdown of three major Pharmaceutical Companies, Emzor, Bioraj and Peace Standard Pharmaceuticals by National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control over Codein production is another testament that the current administration is clueless and wants more Nigerians out of Job. This hasty decision of shutting down all Production lines of these Pharmaceuticals over alleged production of Codein syrup is one done in bad faith. We are concerned about thousands of Jobs and revenue that will be lost as a result of this ill-conceived decision to shutdown the three largest pharmaceutical companies in the Country. You would recall that the National Bureau of Statistics had in its report stated that the number of Nigerians that became unemployed rose under  the current administration from 8,036million in 2015 Fourth quarter to 15.998 million in third quarter of 2017. It will be c...