Skip to main content

The Adamawa State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) has confirmed the arrest of five suspects who specialize in luring and raping teenagers in Mubi town in the state. The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Suleiman Baba confirmed the arrest of the suspects on Monday in Yola saying that the suspects were apprehended following a tip-off that led to the arrest of one of them whose confession and that of their four victims ranging between the ages of 12 and 10 were used to fish out the rest. Baba said medical reports confirmed that the minors had been violated. “We are taking the suspects to court and they will be charged with rape, criminal force and assault on minors,” Baba said. While noting that the victims were girl hawkers, Baba cautioned parents on sending their little children to hawk instead of school. “Parents need to be vigilant on the movement of their wards if we must tackle this problem,” Baba said. Baba gave the names of the suspects as: Abdullahi Ibrahim (32), Musa Mohammed (31), Bakura Mohammed (39), Joseph John (29), and Mohammed Musa (42). Also speaking, a resident of Mubi town, Mr Danladi Chamber who lauded the development said residents would be mobilised to support NSCDC to expose more suspects. “We are working on a theory that those rapists of minors are syndicate; we need to work and expose those dangerous people,” Chamber said.


 ?Mischievous politicians are behind the #EndSARS campaign
The Public Relations officer of the Nigeria Police Force, Jimoh Moshood, was a guest on Channels TV this morning where he reacted to the social media campaign for the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad SARS.

According to Jimoh, mischievious politicians whose illicit plans to disrupt the elections have been thwarted by SARS are behind the campaign to scrap SARS. He said the originator of the end SARS campaign, Jega Awosanya Segun, is being investigated. According to Jimoh, Segun has links to some unnamed politicians.
“Somebody who had an ulterior motive put up #EndSARS, Nigerians should be mindful because the social media is very porous. We traced the hashtag and traced it to mischievous politicians that are trying to create problem in the system that SARS is a stumbling block for them to achieve objective in the election and we are investigating this. The owner of the hashtag is being investigated. We know freedom of expression is the right of every Nigerian and we are taking people up because of that. It is quite unfortunate, I’m not mentioning any name but this same Jega Awosanya Segun is the owner of the hastag and we have seen his picture with various crop of politicians and we are investigating that for Nigerians to know the reason why.”
Speaking further, Moshood said
'SARS is not a killing machine. It was created to deal with cases of robbery and any other case the offender carries firearm. SARS is been doing very very well. We are not saying that there is no infraction, if there is an infrcation, not only on SARS personnel but conventional policemen, people should report to us. We want to disabuse their minds that SARS should be ended. But when you have complain, complain to us. For a lot of people pushing their remarks on social media, most of them are not correct.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

perfect match? couple's wedding photos go viral due to husband's size photo.

                           Their wedding photos have got the whole internet up in                             disarray with many wondering how the couple found                              each other judging by the obvious difference in weight                    

Saraki sends warning to ministers as 2018 Budget passes 2nd reading

The 2018 Appropriation Bill has passed second reading at the 8th Senate. The Bill has been forwarded to the Committee on Appropriations and its various sub-committees for further consideration and budget defence by the various ministries, departments and agencies of the Federal Government. Speaking on the passage of the Second Reading of the Budget, the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki said: “We know that the timetable is very tight. We will be suspending plenary for us to be able to start the defense of this budget. Committee Chairmen and Members should please ensure that we keep to this timetable. “Let me respond with a general note of warning to all Heads of MDAs to ensure that they strictly respect the letters of invitation and the timetable. This is not time for excuses for Ministers or Heads of parastatals to be traveling and not be able to attend their budget defense. “We do not have the time. This is a very short timeframe, therefore...