Skip to main content

President Buhari explains his silence on Olusegun Obasanjo’s explosive letter


President Buhari explains his silence on Olusegun Obasanjo?s explosive letter
President Buhari has explained why he refused to reply former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s explosive letter to him chronicling his alleged failures and advising him not to seek re-election in the 2019 polls.
Speaking in Bauchi during a state banquet in his honour on Thursday night April 26th, President Buhari said he preferred a complete silence to Obasanjo’s letter but caved in after Lai Mohammed insisted that it would be proper to make a veiled response without mentioning Obasanjo’s name in which he would outline the achievements of the administration thus far.
Speaking at the dinner, President Buhari said
''Tonight, I want to remind the people of what Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information did against my wish, in the sense that when a letter was written containing our failures as an administration, Lai Mohammed agitated that he should reply and I said no.
“I said no for two reasons: He is much younger than the person who wrote the letter and me; two, he is from the same constituency as the person who wrote the letter. But when Lai Mohammed came, I said he should go out but he said he won’t go. I asked why and he said let me give him a chance to say what he wanted to do. I said go on. Lai said in what he would do, he would not mention names but only try to remind Nigerians what the country was when we came in, where we are now, and what we have done with the resources available to us. 
“Eventually, I had to admit that he was right and I was wrong because a number of people who could get in touch with me have said that Lai had done a good job. A lot of them are in the media who I don’t have time to see – but of course, they are very busy people. Therefore, I am very happy with the performance of our party, the All Progressive Congress,” he said
President Buhari also went down memory lane to narrate how the betrayal of some of his former political associates informed his insistence on finding credible platform that would enable him rescue the country from sinking as he said it would have been if the then ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) continued ruling Nigeria.
“I will like to go down some historical antecedents so that people can assess. When we were in the All People’s Party APP, I went through an impartial primary and I won the ticket. I think for the third or fourth time and while I was in court, because I felt I was ready to be President, the person who was to be my Vice-President, allowed himself to be appointed by the Presidency. The Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the party accepted; even when I was still in court as a presidential candidate. That’s why I got out and formed the CPC; when we realised that if we don’t work together, that is the opposition parties, and wrestle power from the PDP, this country is going to sink,” the President recalled.
He thanked the Bauchi State Governor, Mohammed Abubakar for being a good host, and the people of the state for their large turnout wherever he went during the visit.
“Thank you very much for the turnout of the people. I never hired any crowd because I was not in a position to hire crowds. But I am very pleased that people voluntarily turned up, challenged the weather in the heat for hours, just because they wanted to see me and say hello, nagode” he said

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Court declines Olisa Metuh's request to travel to the United Kingdom for his daughter's graduation

Olisa Metuh, a former spokesperson of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, took to the dock on July 6, 2018 as he continued with his defence in the ongoing N400 million fraud trial before Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja. At the proceeding, Metuh attempted to enter the dock in preparation to being led in evidence by his counsel, Onyeachi Ikpeazu, SAN,  but was stopped by the judge, who ordered him to testify from where he was seated in the courtroom. Under examination, Metuh briefly told the court about himself saying "my name is Olisa Metuh. I live in Prince and Princess Estate. I am a legal practioner, a business executive, politician and real estate develop er". The matter was thereafter adjourned to October 22, 2018. . After the matter was adjourned, Ikpeazu made an oral application to the court, seeking the leave of the court to allow Metuh travel to the United Kingdom for his daughter's graduation, but Justice A...

Girl reveals how she had affairs with her pastor and his son

An unidentified young lady has revealed how she carried on secret romantic relationships with both her pastor and his son. Even though the act of prostitution has been around for centuries, it is still frowned upon by the society who still sees it as a sin and not worthy of emulation. The worst part might just be a situation where it involves someone who is supposed to be a 'man of God', who is supposed to be the leader of his flock who should be able to use him as a worthy example. An unashamed young lady (runs girl) shared a post revealing how she was romantically involved with her married pastor and his son. According to her, even though the pastor later found out she was involved with his son, the son never got to know.                                                           See screenshot below:         ...

Bow Wow posts suicidal messages again, says "I truly don't want to be here no more"

Bow Wow has been known to post suicidal messages in the past and he's just done it again. The rapper went on Twitter to post a couple of worrying messages about taking his life. He tweeted; "Feel like jumping off this balcony." When a follower tried to talk him out of it, he replied: "Im sorry but i truly dont want to be here no more!" He later tweeted that he wasn't going ahead with it. He wrote: "No im not gone do nothing. It was just a figure of speech. I woke up to bad news."

Femi Kuti says visiting French President was told that Lagos state govt repaired the road leading to the Shrine just because of his visit

Femi Kuti on his IG page told one of his followers that the visiting French President, Emmanuel Macron, was told that the Lagos state government fixed the road leading to the Shrine yesterday just because he was coming on a visit. <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script> <ins class="adsbygoogle" style="display:block; text-align:center;" data-ad-layout="in-article" data-ad-format="fluid" data-ad-client="ca-pub-4170294790744523" data-ad-slot="6169969522"></ins> <script> (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); </script> Femi disclosed this when one of his followers challenged him in his comment section. See their exchange below..

JAMB made N8.5billion revenue came from payments made by 1.6million candidates who registered for the exam this year

An exclusive report by Premium Times says that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board generated N8.453billion from the sales of forms to applicants seeking admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria in 2018. According to the report, the revenue came from payments made by 1,602,762 candidates who registered for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) held across the country in March. Part of the revenue also came from registration fees paid by 135, 670.00 Direct Entry (DE) candidates, our source said. The official asked not to be named because he did not obtain official permission to divulge the details to journalists. Each of the total 1,798,438 UTME and direct entry candidates paid N5,500 for the forms out of which N4,700 goes to JAMB’s coffers while N800 is remitted to banks and suppliers of reading texts to applicants, the official further explained. The number of applicants was lower this year following reforms in the ...

Customs officers intercepts truckload of 200,000 live ammunition in Niger(photos)

The Niger, Kwara, Kogi Command of the Nigeria Customs has intercepted an Onitsha bound truck load of 200,000 live ammunition being brought into the country from Benin Republic. The Nation reports that two suspects who were identified as the driver, Bukari Dauda and the owner of the cartridges, Martin Anokwara, were apprehended along the Wawa – Babana border in Niger state in a Iveco Truck with Lagos registration number AKD 904 XE Parading the suspects, the Command Controller, Comptroller Benjamin Binga said that his men intercepted the truck which entered the country through the Babana border at about 3 a.m on Monday morning. He said that the truck was disguised to be carrying over 100 empty gericans but on thorough checking, it was discovered that the truck had a false bottom which was used to hide the cartridges. “The checking was not from tip off, it was just out of sheer curiosity that my men decided to do a thorough checking and discovere...

Jay-Z and Beyonce go sightseeing in Milan (Photos)

Power couple, Jay-Z and Beyonce who are currently in Italy went on sightseeing in Milan. Here are photos of them visiting a stadium.

Married man tells off girl who was desperate to become his girlfriend

Cheating and having mistresses has become a norm among Kenyan men, but one man stood the test of time and came out victorious. It all started with a simple chat on Whatsapp with the lady only identified as Esther trying to hit on him. Married man TELLS OFF desperate mistress in classic fashion She asked if they could meet for a cup of coffee and in the process jogged his mind by naming when and where they met. His response; "Coffee? Would love that bit I don't have time, I pick my kids after school and after that I take my wife out for dinner on Wednesday's and Friday's'' It did not deter her as she went ahead to congratulate him for being such a gentleman and shamelessly offered for him to come to her house for dinner. His response; "Listen Mercy I am a married man. I love my wife and kids so much I would never think of hurting them not even once. If it's not about business, sorry but can't help you. Bye" Did this finally s...

Would Nigeria have been a better country if the British colonists remained?

Looks like most Nigerians think the country would have fared better with the presence of the colonial masters.

Richest Musicians in Nigeria 2017, Top 10 {Latest Ranking}

Top 10 Richest Musicians in Nigeria 2017 { Updated } The rating of the richest Nigerian Musicians is mostly based on media reports. However, some other yardsticks are used, these include- the artist having his / her own label or signed to a label, duration of the artist in the music industry, number of hit songs released by the artistes and how much sales he/she make on iTunes. For African artist ranking go here How often he/she goes to shows and the charge per show the artist’s number of tours, Below is the list in descending order with their real name: 10. Olamide – Olamide Adedeji 9. Tiwa Savage – Tiwatope Savage Balogun 8. Iyanya – Iyanya Onoyom Mbuk 7. Davido – David Adedeji Adeleke 6. Wizkid – Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun 5. Banky – Olubankole Wellington 4. Tuface Idibia – Innocent Ujah Idibia 3. Donjazzy – Micheal Collins Ajereh 2. D-banj – Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo 1. P-Square – Paul Okoye and Peter Okoye Don’t tell me you don’t want to know their date of birth and s...