Skip to main content

Gov. El-Rufai visits Birnin Gwari, assures communities that terrorists will be defeated




Gov. El-Rufai visits Birnin Gwari, assures communities that terrorists will be defeated
Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai on Monday visited communities in the Birnin Gwari Local Government Area where armed hoodlums had killed several persons.

The Governor who arrived Birnin Gwari around 12 noon proceeded to the palace of the emir, Malam Jibril Zubair II where he met with the emir and community leaders. From the palace. Malam El-Rufai proceeded to Gwaska, the scene of the latest fatal attack.

Gov. El-Rufai visits Birnin Gwari, assures communities that terrorists will be defeated

Governor El-Rufai expressed his sorrow and offered condolences to the people.
“I came here to share the pain and anguish of our people, the predicament of innocent citizens whose lives were cut short due to the terrorism of bandits and criminals who have been tormenting us.
“I and my team will be proceeding to Gwaska and other communities to see for ourselves and talk directly to the people. But I want to say again, that we are not sleeping and by the grace of God we will overcome this evil act and the terrorism being unleashed on our people.
In his response, the Emir, Malam Jibril Zubair II praised the Federal and state governments for demonstrating commitment to the plight of his people.
“We are grateful for your deep condolences and empathy. We are grateful for all your commitment to resolving the plight of Birnin Gwari people. As a member of the State Security Council, I am in the know of Federal and State Government commitment.
“The IGP and the GOC were here and have confirmed the establishment of a Battalion of the army and Police Area Command. I am happy that you are going to Gwaska and other communities to see for yourself.”
After prayers for the souls of those killed in the attacks, the Governor and his entourage departed the palace at 1:14 pm for Gwaska.

Gov. El-Rufai visits Birnin Gwari, assures communities that terrorists will be defeated

Governor El-Rufai, who arrived Gwaska at exactly 2:10 pm, was taken round and briefed by Malam Isa Musa, the leader of the community, who narrated how the bandits carried out the heinous attack.
Musa said that the attackers “were heavily armed with sophisticated weapons and are not ordinary gunmen. They came from different directions and circled us shooting and burning our houses with impunity.
“We appreciate all your commitment but we wish to let you know that only full military action on both land and air can match these terrorists. They are mercenaries and marksmen. As you can see it’s about seven kilometers to Dansadau in Zamfara State and other boundaries with Katsina and Niger with us here in Birnin Gwari Local Government.”

Gov. El-Rufai visits Birnin Gwari, assures communities that terrorists will be defeated

Governor El-Rufai who left the community assured them that both the state and federal governments will intensify action to address the lingering problem of rural banditry. He told the people that government will assist in rebuilding the affected communities and he urged them to continue to be law-abiding.
Before departing Birnin Gwari for Kaduna, the Governor, in the company of the member representing Birnin Gwari/Giwa Federal Constituency, Rt. Hon. Hassan Adamu Shekarau, addressed the people of the area who had fled from communities that had been devastated by the attacks.

Gov. El-Rufai visits Birnin Gwari, assures communities that terrorists will be defeated

The Governor briefed them on all the measures being taken by the state and federal governments to improve the security situation in their communities.
The governor was accompanied by officials,  including the Secretary to the Kaduna State Government, Malam Balarabe Abbas Lawal. the Garrison Commander, 1 Division, Nigerian Army, Brig-Gen O.J. Akpor, ACP Ahmad Tijjani Abdullahi, Political Adviser, Uba Sani, Security Adviser, Col. Yakubu Yusuf (Rtd), Maryam Abubakar and Samuel Aruwan, Senior Special Assistant, Media and Publicity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emzor reacts to closure of production site by NAFDAC

Emzor Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited has reacted to the closure of its production site by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC. According to the pharmaceutical company, NAFDAC has only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. In a statement released today by the Emzor, it said NAFDAC sealed its production site 5 days after carrying out an inspection on the site. Emzor said NAFDAC raised no issues at the time of the inspection, only for them to return later to close the site without explanation. Emzor Nigerian, however, said it will continue to make good quality affordable medicines for the Nigerian public and their products are still available to buy. The statement reads: NAFDAC have only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. On Wednesday the 2nd of May NAFDA...

Court orders PDP to pay N180 million to a lawyer for successfully handling their cases

Today, Justice Jude Okeke of the FCT High Court, Maitama ordered the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to pay N180 million to Samuel Okutepa being his professional fee. Okeke who delivered judgment in a suit filed by Okutepa against the PDP, said Okutepa deserved to be paid the money for handling the cases for the party.  “The defendant is directed to pay the claimant N180 million being the earned professional fee for defending and prosecuting their cases listed out in the applicant’s statements of claims.’’ The court also ordered PDP to pay N50,000 to Mr Okutepa, a senior advocate of Nigeria, for successfully handling the cases. The judge held that it was not right for the PDP not to pay for the work they knew was well handled by the plaintiff. He said that the defendant claimed that they did not give him job to do, as no legal agreement was signed by the parties. The judge said that in the records before the court, the applicant wa...

Check out this before and after photo of Instagram celebrity, Roman Goddess

This is before and after photo of Instagram sensation, Roman Goddess . See full photo below...

''Shutting down 3 pharmaceutical companies will affect our economy and render thousands jobless'' - Concerned Nigerians group

Read the press statement by Concerned Nigerians below... The Shutdown of three major Pharmaceutical Companies, Emzor, Bioraj and Peace Standard Pharmaceuticals by National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control over Codein production is another testament that the current administration is clueless and wants more Nigerians out of Job. This hasty decision of shutting down all Production lines of these Pharmaceuticals over alleged production of Codein syrup is one done in bad faith. We are concerned about thousands of Jobs and revenue that will be lost as a result of this ill-conceived decision to shutdown the three largest pharmaceutical companies in the Country. You would recall that the National Bureau of Statistics had in its report stated that the number of Nigerians that became unemployed rose under  the current administration from 8,036million in 2015 Fourth quarter to 15.998 million in third quarter of 2017. It will be c...