Skip to main content

Police give update on lawyer who murdered her husband & cut off his penis in Lagos

Police give update on lawyer who murdered her husband & cut off his penis in Lagos
The Lagos state police command has given an update on the case involving 47-year-old lawyer, Udeme Odibi, who murdered her 50-year-old husband, Mr Otike Odibi, last Wednesday, in their apartment at 12A, Emerald Avenue, Diamond Estate, Sango-Tedo, in Ogombo, Ajah area of Lagos State.

Udeme and her husband met while she was working in his law firm and according to close firneds, has always been very jealous and never wanted any lady close to him. The suspect got married to the deceased after he divorced his first wife whom he has a daughter with. The couple began fighting after Odibi maintained that some of his properties must go to his daughter in his will, a position Udeme who is yet to have a child with him was strongly against.

Giving an update, the state Commissioner of police, Edgal Imohimi said investigation carried out so far has shown that the murder might have been premeditated. The suspect had allegedly purchased a new set of knifes the day before carrying out the murder.
She had also packed her certificates and belongings and was planning to travel to the UK immediately after she had killed her husband of three years.
''Findings so far into the case revealed the followings: That the couple had marital issues bordering on extra marital affairs; that on the day of the incident, the suspect sent a Whatsapp message to her sister in-law complaining about her husband and asked her to pray for them and equally ask God to forgive her'' Edgal said

The police boss added that the suspect has confessed to committing the crime. In her statement to the poloice, Udeme who is currently in the hospital after a failed attempt to commit suicide, said she called her mother on phone that she has killed her husband and that she had hit the deceased with a fry pan on the head before stabbing him with the knife, cutting off his manhood and placing it on his right hand. The murder weapon has been recovered.
“Investigation also revealed that the deceased had earlier called his mother on phone and reported that his wife was threatening to kill him with a knife; that after stabbing the deceased in the stomach and seeing the intestines spilling out, the suspect did not attempt to seek assistance from their neighbours, rather, she called her mother, who was miles away that she had killed her husband'' CP Imohimi said
Meanwhile the autopsy on the deceased is currently being carried out at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, by a team of pathologists while the forensic analysis result is being compiled and would be made public later.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emzor reacts to closure of production site by NAFDAC

Emzor Pharmaceutical Nigeria Limited has reacted to the closure of its production site by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC. According to the pharmaceutical company, NAFDAC has only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. In a statement released today by the Emzor, it said NAFDAC sealed its production site 5 days after carrying out an inspection on the site. Emzor said NAFDAC raised no issues at the time of the inspection, only for them to return later to close the site without explanation. Emzor Nigerian, however, said it will continue to make good quality affordable medicines for the Nigerian public and their products are still available to buy. The statement reads: NAFDAC have only temporarily sealed one of Emzor’s production sites, the liquid line. The rest of Emzor is still operating as normal. On Wednesday the 2nd of May NAFDA...

Court orders PDP to pay N180 million to a lawyer for successfully handling their cases

Today, Justice Jude Okeke of the FCT High Court, Maitama ordered the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to pay N180 million to Samuel Okutepa being his professional fee. Okeke who delivered judgment in a suit filed by Okutepa against the PDP, said Okutepa deserved to be paid the money for handling the cases for the party.  “The defendant is directed to pay the claimant N180 million being the earned professional fee for defending and prosecuting their cases listed out in the applicant’s statements of claims.’’ The court also ordered PDP to pay N50,000 to Mr Okutepa, a senior advocate of Nigeria, for successfully handling the cases. The judge held that it was not right for the PDP not to pay for the work they knew was well handled by the plaintiff. He said that the defendant claimed that they did not give him job to do, as no legal agreement was signed by the parties. The judge said that in the records before the court, the applicant wa...

Check out this before and after photo of Instagram celebrity, Roman Goddess

This is before and after photo of Instagram sensation, Roman Goddess . See full photo below...

''Shutting down 3 pharmaceutical companies will affect our economy and render thousands jobless'' - Concerned Nigerians group

Read the press statement by Concerned Nigerians below... The Shutdown of three major Pharmaceutical Companies, Emzor, Bioraj and Peace Standard Pharmaceuticals by National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control over Codein production is another testament that the current administration is clueless and wants more Nigerians out of Job. This hasty decision of shutting down all Production lines of these Pharmaceuticals over alleged production of Codein syrup is one done in bad faith. We are concerned about thousands of Jobs and revenue that will be lost as a result of this ill-conceived decision to shutdown the three largest pharmaceutical companies in the Country. You would recall that the National Bureau of Statistics had in its report stated that the number of Nigerians that became unemployed rose under  the current administration from 8,036million in 2015 Fourth quarter to 15.998 million in third quarter of 2017. It will be c...