Skip to main content

3 APC council chairmen die in Saudi Arabia car crash


3 APC?council?chairmen?die in Saudi Arabia car?crash
Today, the Hajj Commission in Zamfara confirmed the death of three local government chairmen of the All Progressives Congress (APC) from the state in an auto crash in Saudi Arabia.  

The Public Relations Officer of the commission, Malam Yakub-Yahaya Talata-Mafara, confirmed the death to the News Agency of Nigeria saying the accident occurred around 3.00a.m on Friday, while they were travelling from Makkah to Madina, Saudi Arabia.  

According to him, the victims are six local government chairmen of APC from the state. “Three of them died, while three others are receiving treatment at Saudi Arabia Hospital,’’ Talata-Mafara said.  

He said that the remains of the deceased were under the custody of the Saudi Arabian authorities where they would be processed for burial. “Hajj officials of the Zamfara contingents are making the necessary documentation to join the Saudi Arabian authorities in order to give the deceased befitting burial,’’ he said.

Reacting, the state APC Chairman, Alhaji Lawal M-Liman, described the death as a great loss to the state and Nigeria as a whole.  M-Liman described the deceased as loyal members of the party who had been in good relationship with their communities. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

perfect match? couple's wedding photos go viral due to husband's size photo.

                           Their wedding photos have got the whole internet up in                             disarray with many wondering how the couple found                              each other judging by the obvious difference in weight                    

Saraki sends warning to ministers as 2018 Budget passes 2nd reading

The 2018 Appropriation Bill has passed second reading at the 8th Senate. The Bill has been forwarded to the Committee on Appropriations and its various sub-committees for further consideration and budget defence by the various ministries, departments and agencies of the Federal Government. Speaking on the passage of the Second Reading of the Budget, the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki said: “We know that the timetable is very tight. We will be suspending plenary for us to be able to start the defense of this budget. Committee Chairmen and Members should please ensure that we keep to this timetable. “Let me respond with a general note of warning to all Heads of MDAs to ensure that they strictly respect the letters of invitation and the timetable. This is not time for excuses for Ministers or Heads of parastatals to be traveling and not be able to attend their budget defense. “We do not have the time. This is a very short timeframe, therefore...